Tuesday, June 3, 2014

THE BEST AREA IN THE WORLD!!

   I remember my perspective of the Southwest Area before I came here. I heard it was a hard area with very few members and very few Spanish speakers to be found. Going into the area two transfers ago, I was a bit nervous, especially since I was leaving an area where lots of investigators were having us over constantly. But everything has changed these last 12 weeks. While driving this week the happiest thought came so strongly to my mind,... this really is the BEST AREA to be serving a mission in the World!  We have the Lord on our side, amazing members who are searching for miracles, and wonderful people to speak with on the streets everyday. Not only that, we are finding Spanish Speakers everyday? Heading up to transfer calls, my heart did not want to leave!!
   As we go around doing our work I have found so much JOY! Sometimes it is hard to get going at the beginning of the day, but Hermana Walton and I have discovered that all it takes is 15 minutes of our time handed over to the Lord and we find a miracle. That miracle gives us the energy to keep going for the rest of the day! There is not a night I come home without my heart rejoicing about someone we met or how in some way we saw the Lord's hand in our lives. I am so grateful for Hermana Walton's example of constantly searching for the next miracle. We can't wait to keep on improving and learning this next transfer! We have already made some huge goals and changed the way we pray so that we can have the Spirit with us more to guide us.
   There are so many reasons given by Heavenly Father that I have seen such a change in myself and in the work here. One of the biggest changes is from setting a vision. Really, the Lord's work is the work of rising to divine potentials. Our Stake President helped us find that vision for this area. We pray about the vision everyday and we asked the members to pray with us. I can see FAITH building the foundation everyday!
I LOVE MY SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.
I know that this isn't my mission at all.
This really is His mission and I am somehow lucky enough to take part in
watching Him move His work forward!
I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON! 
I just want everyone I meet to read it and feel the Love Jesus Christ has for them.
It is so abundant on every single page. Everyone needs those words!
I cannot wait to keep on working on giving my ALL Every Single Day!! 
I know the spirit will help me as I learn how to more fully serve the Lord.

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS! 
We are teaching a man named Francisco. He asked if he could have a rain check on church until next year when it starts at 1 pm. We promised blessings Big Time and he said he is starting this week to get his mind prepared to wake up before 12 noon! That really is a sacrifice for him, so we are praying for the Lord to lend him strength!!
I LOVE YOU ALL!!
Love, Hermana Phipps
   

No comments:

Post a Comment