Friday, August 30, 2013

Week 4 & 468 days to go!

Hola Everyone!
I just really am loving life right now.  I do not think I have ever been so constantly joyful in my life! Even when things get a tiny bit hard, I can't help but be excited for everything I am experiencing!  Guess What? I have been here a month! And it doesn't even seem like I have been gone for long at all!  Does it seem short to you or is the MTC a time warper?

At the end of next week I will begin my sixth week! That means next week is my last full week here in Mexico! Then I head off to Spokane.  I fly out the morning of September 9th :D I am so so so excited.  I can't wait to go out and meet the world!  I am so excited to be able to know these people!  Really, my heart is just so happy thinking about it.  I am also a bit nervous, cause well, it is a BIG thing!  Speaking Spanish and everything will be a huge leap of faith for me.  Keep praying for me, I know you do and I know it helps! :)

So my district has been asked to speak continuously in Spanish.  Like from SUN UP TO SUN DOWN!  Which is really, really, really hard.  But when I put all my effort into it, it totally works.  Write me encouragement to do this even if others are not and even though it is hard. And since I won't get to hear from you until next Thursday, I am saying this for each of you every day: "Hey Hermana Phipps, I (enter your name here) expect you to use your Spanish to the fullness of your capability. I would be so very disappointed to know that you weren't trying all you could to speak it and be ready to do what the Lord has called you to do.  You know you need to speak the language, so DO IT!"

Ahhh guys, thank you!  I can't let you or the people of Spokane down so I am going to do all that I can to speak every word in Spanish.  I promise!  I need to act and not be acted upon.

I really love reading the scriptures in Spanish!  I am actually understanding SO MUCH OF IT!  It is so amazing! And when you read it and know what the English version says, each word means so much more.  I think sometimes I get so used to the words used in the English scriptures, I don't think through the meaning of all the words.  But then I read it in Spanish and the words are just so meaningful because I can compare the two words and the meanings they have.  IT IS AMAZING!


I love hearing about the Sister Missionaries that have come to the BC 23rd Ward. How Awesome!
This week I received letters from members of our ward!  My heart just feels so sparkly...haha... it is the only word I could think of!  So yeah, it feels so sparkly and shiny with happiness!  Thank You Ward Family!!

This week has been lots of fun!  I wasn't called to speak in Sacrament!  Not that I am excited about that..., I am just stating a fact.  The first district to ever be part of Branch 13 left on Monday, so many of the leaving missionaries spoke.  It was really amazing to hear them!  And it will be us in a week and a half.  Our dear Sister Trainers left.  It was hard to know they were leaving!  I looked up to them so much.  Hermana Taylor and I have been called as the new Sister Trainers.  I know Hermana Taylor is PERFECT for this assignment.  She is such a natural leader.  I am looking for how we can magnify our calling.  We need to be doing more especially since we have only 2 weeks to help the Lord in this way.  I am looking for ways to serve the Hermanas.  They are just so sweet and they deserve the WORLD!  But there are so many ways I need to improve in looking out for them.  I will work on that.

Amy sent the most perfect pictures of Kezi and Erika and Karson.  I actually used my picture of Kezi, Erika & Karson with an investigator.  He really loved it!  And I LOVED SHARING IT!! Now I carry that picture with me everywhere I go.  It brings a smile to my face every moment I see it.  I love this work, I love my family, and I love telling you all about it!  I can't wait to hear more from you all next week!  LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!
Love,
Hermana Phipps

No comments:

Post a Comment