Friday, May 9, 2014

HALF WAY!!

   It is amazing how the words someone says can change your perspective!! Last Sunday Elder Bowen of the Seventy came to talk to us about how to be successful missionaries. He told us that success as a missionary is when you are 'FACE TO FACE' with people. Being a Spanish speaker in the states it is easy to say, "Well tracking door to door and talking to English speakers won't help our work." But that statement is SO NOT true! This week was evidence of that.
   So instead of going to the same Spanish speaking houses we always do, where the people are rarely ever home or don't open up, each day we put in plans that will help us meet people! It is amazing how this leads us to find Spanish speakers like we never have before. FINDING IS MY FAVORITE THINGS NOW!! Not only that, we made it a goal to teach, invite, and pray with EVERY single person who would let us say even a sentence to them. We saw so many hearts open as we did this. IT IS AMAZING!!
   I just wish I would have had this perspective as a missionary for my whole mission! I really do feel more successful because I feel the spirit as we talk to these people. I have loved every single person we have prayed with!
Well, Now I Know!!

EMMA IS AT THE HALF WAY MARK!!
She can use this new understanding in her work
for the next NINE months!!

HERMANA EMMA ROSE PHIPPS &
HERMANA CLARA WALTON
CELEBRATING THE HALF-WAY MARK ~
NINE MONTHS OF MISSIONARY WORK!!
GO SISTER POWER!!

   Also, on Wednesday, Jonathan came on a Church Tour!! Church Tours are probably one of the HARDEST things to get people to actually come to. It is because it takes lots of action on their part. But he came! :D  Jonathan has never even entered any Church before in his life, so he told us he was nervous just a bit while walking in. But he loved the Church Tour! On Saturday we taught him with one of our favorite members ever!! Her name is Ana. She got into teaching mode with us and it is so adorable.
   As soon as we walked in we asked Jonathan how his reading in the Book of Mormon is going and he told us that he had read 7 pages! Woo!! Ana then said, "Hello, my name is Ana and I am here tonight to answer any questions you might have. We start with a prayer, right hermanas?" Ha ha, she is so cute! Definitely one of my favorite member missionaries! After the prayer we kept on rejoicing about his reading with him! 
   JONATHAN CAME TO CHURCH! My little soul is just so happy that we got to be at church with Jonathan when he went to a church for the first time, how neat that his First church experience is the RESTORED CHURCH!! Walking out of Priesthood, he looked a little overwhelmed, but as soon as we asked him about it, he said he liked it! One of the best members in the ward walked up and said, "Do you have a ride home?" Which he did, then she followed up by saying, "I will see you here next week, right?" To that he responded, "Claro que si!" (Of course!)
   Jonathan has a goal to be baptized on May 31st.

   Well, being a missionary is a whole lot of work, but OH SO JOYOUS!! Really, I wish I could just carry all of you around each day so you could really see what it is like. I am so thankful for my amazing companion Hermana Walton! She is a work horse!! 

BUT WE DO FIND A LITTLE TIME FOR PLAY!

FOUR SISTERS HAVING FUN!!

BEING A MISSIONARY IS THE BEST!!

Special shout out to my FAMILY!
I LOVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS and I get to see you Sunday
when we Skype... And I
COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY AND EXCITED
AND HAPPY AND MORE HAPPY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment