Thursday, July 3, 2014

MY WALK WITH CHRIST

   ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?
Yesterday, while heading to visit some of our investigators, the North Spanish sisters (my old area) started to call us (which is a normal thing). Hermana Walton answered the phone but this conversation didn't start as it usually does. Quickly she asked specifically to talk to ME! [This is funny/strange because as missionaries, we never get singled out and the phone is always on speaker so both missionaries are always in on the conversation anyways.]
   As soon as I told her I was listening, she said she had a surprise for me! She then turned the phone over to someone else who said, "Hello Sister Phipps!"
   Totally confused, I said, "Hello, who is this?"
   The sweet voice on the other end of the line said, "It's Krystal!"
   Oh let me tell you, I freaked out! I started shouting with endless JOY! "REALLY KRYSTAL! YOU ARE BACK?!?! HOW LONG? HOW LONG DO YOU GET TO BE HERE? KRYSTAL!, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH I HAVE MISSED YOU! HOW LONG WILL YOU BE HERE?"
   To which she replied, "FOREVER!"
   Honestly, the idea had never crossed my mind that Krystal would come back. And now she is here! Sister Quinn, at the end of the conversation said, "You know we are planning her baptism now!"
   The rest of the night with everyone I talked to I was so overjoyed! Ha ha... It might have scared some people, but I don't mind. I had just tasted a bit of what HEAVEN will be like when all the lose ends will be tied up by the love of Our Savior Jesus Christ. How could I not be REJOICING!?!
   Can I just take a moment to TESTIFY that the LORD carries and delivers His brothers and sisters. How much we truly need Him!
   I am really working on completely trusting the Lord, Jesus Christ. It should be so easy, I know, but sometimes I just get caught up in thinking how I think things should go. Looking back at everything that has happened on my mission, I know that nothing happens without the Lord taking the wheel. He perfectly helps all things to fall into place!
   Remembering this will help me face whatever happens with Arcelia, Michelle and their whole family. Hermana Walton and I have really come to love Arcelia's family. They will be moving either next week or next month, but it is still really up in the air. At first I was kind of grumbling about this. I just must keep telling myself it is in the Lord's hands and He is on their side. He is going to do all He can to help them come to Him. Just as He always had a plan for Krystal.
   On Sunday we went over to Arcelia's house to make sure Satan wouldn't stop the family from coming to church. First it went really smoothly, but because their house was already half packed up, getting the whole house ready for church was not an easy feat. But we made it to church all in one piece!
THAT LEADS ME TO MY NEXT MIRACLE STORY!
   About 3 or maybe 4 weeks ago, we gave a grandpa a Book of Mormon, but as soon as we asked what day we could come back to see how his reading was going, the grandpa said, "Oh, my work schedule is so crazy you are never going to find me home. But stop by someday at this time next week and hopefully you will find me." We went on to try to set a specific date, but had no luck.
   So we have been stopping by and having no luck, well, that is until last Friday.
   On Friday we knocked on the door and the next thing we see is 4 little kids all jumping up and down on the couch in front of the window with big smiles and huge waves! SO ADORABLE.
   A mom soon answered the door, (she is the daughter of the grandpa we met), and before we really got to introduce ourselves, she smiles and turns back to call out to her little daughter. The most adorable little five year old comes running-skipping to the door hugging the Book of Mormon. The mom, Brenda then turns to us and says, "She has been reading this book. She absolutely loves it! It has led her to asking me all kinds of questions about Jesus. When can you come by to talk more with her about it?" 
   Our faces then caught huge smiles! We set up an appointment and went to the car with those same smiles!! Sadly, she had to reschedule the appointment but we could tell that she was sincerely sorry to reschedule. She then asked if we could come by on Sunday to which we replied, "COME TO CHURCH!" We gave her the address and offered to come by and help her get there, but she said she had map quest on her phone so she would be fine. Honestly, Hermana Walton and I were like... but we want to come and make sure you get there! Ha ha. Well, on Sunday while helping Arcelia make it to church our phone rang. Brenda was calling us. I answered and soon she said, "I think we are here..." Ha ha, it was 8:25 at that point! Most people come right at 8:00 or a few minutes late. We  told her to go in and as soon as she did the Condons found her (Branch and Relief Society President) and they had a really great conversation!
   President Condon came up to us during church and said, "So Lola?!" To which we replied, "Cutest little girl ever!" We continued to tell about the miracle she is! He said that she just radiates light and it is so true! After church, Brenda said that Lola absolutely loved it and that even though she isn't a church going person herself, that if Lola wants to do this she is going to do anything to support her!
I LOVE CHILDREN!
I LOVE CHURCH!
   My mission is everything to me. Before church Michelle was having a hard day and walking into church I could just tell she was feeling so sad. (Her life is pretty crazy right now.) I wish that each of you could just see the difference in her when she walked out of church! Church is a place of refuge. It is a place to lay our sorrows aside. GO TO CHURCH ALWAYS!!
   Then, to start of this week, we got a call from one of our favorite members telling us that our favorite Bautista familia were going through a HUGE emergency and needed our help. We got to help them a bit before coming to email and wow, they are just so dear to us. Keep them in your PRAYERS!!
   I am so enchanted by my mission. On Saturday, I was studying about the Atonement and its role in missionary work. I can testify that this journey is a WALK WITH CHRIST. Even more than that, Christ has carried me so much. It is all just so beautiful.
I LOVE YOU ALL! To the moon y back!
KEEP CALM 
&
KEEP ON SEEING CHRIST IN YOUR LIFE!
Love, Hermana Phipps     

No comments:

Post a Comment