Sunday, July 20, 2014

WHITE NIGHT!

On Monday, July 14, 2014 Emma sent the following to us. [Mama keeps up the Blog for Emma.]

Hello Everyone!

SO... I LOVE MY AREA!! 
I LOVE THE WORK, 
AND... MORE THAN ANYTHING I LOVE PRAYERS!!

On the 9th of August, our Zone is having a night called "WHITE NIGHT" where we are going to try and help many people take that all important step of BAPTISM! Hermana Taylor and I are committed to help someone get there. We know the Lord has people prepared here, we are working with amazing people that have such great potential, but.... WE NEED YOUR HELP! 

Will you PRAY for us that we can find the family the Lord has prepared here? I can feel it in me that they are here! Someone we have met or will meet soon is ready. We just need the Lord to guide us! And that takes PRAYERS!

I love working with families! So Lola is the most adorable 6 almost 7 year old I have ever met in my life! Because of her, her parents have come to church three times now! On Thursday, we had a Branch Activity and the whole clan came! Including her parents, her 3 little brothers, her Grandpa, her Uncle and Aunt, and two Cousins. Most of them we didn't even know but they all live in the same house! Her mom Brenda is the best person I have ever met. She is hesitant about the whole church thing, but is coming to support Lola's desire. Now we are hoping to teach them more so the whole family's testimonies grow and they will all have a desire to COME UNTO CHRIST! It is an exciting experience! Definitely unlike anything I have encountered before. Most people are committed to learning, but are not willing to go to activities, much less Church. I have FAITH though, that as each of them continues to act, that they will start growing their own testimonies! It is GREAT!!

Well, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
Hermana Emma Rose Phipps

PS... I have the pictures from making the Papusas! They were wonderful...


HERMANA WALTON & PHIPPS
MAKING THE PAPUSAS'


GRILLING PAPUSAS'


YUMMY PAPUSAS TO EAT!
(don't take a picture of me!)


PATTY CAKE, PATTY CAKE...
IT IS FUN TO COOK THESE!


WE WORKED HARD AND HAD A GREAT TIME!
PAPUSAS ARE AMAZING...
I WILL MAKE THEM FOR YOU WHEN
I GET HOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment