Monday, September 15, 2014

BEST...WEEK...OF... EVER!!!

On Monday September 8, 2014 Emma sent the following:

I cannot wait to tell you all that happened this week!
I am just completely in LOVE with EVERY PHASE OF THE WORK here.
I AM ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!! 
I LOVE MY MISSION!!

I can't wait to show you these pictures, so I am going to start with them! This first picture was random, but it just goes to show that this whole week was all building up to the FESTIVAL!


ANYONE READY FOR A PARTY?

So, before I send more pictures, I want to tell you about the FESTIVAL! 
IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!
We arrived at the High School where they were holding it at five o'clock. They had brought extra Elder Companionships from the West Stake as "security" and gave each companionship heavy duty Walkie-Talkies. Through the entire Festival the Elders were using the Walkie-Talkies and making funny jokes, like calling each other "Captain Moroni" and on and on. I got a Walkie-Talkie too! I got to wear it everywhere I went. They had each set of Sisters be Translators for the English Audience so I got to Translate the Program for some English Investigators from the West that I had found while I was serving there! Such a Tender Mercy!!

The Program was Flawless. Rosie danced so perfectly to her Song! She was Amazing. I cheered so loud for them! I felt like a proud Mom!  Ha, ha! Members and non-members came up and told us their favorite piece was her dance! Though I am biased, I agree with them!

We talked to EVERYONE we could and got lots of numbers. We are currently finding which area each person lives in! 

I GOT A PICTURE WITH ROSIE 
AND HER CUTE LITTLE DAUGHTER ALEAH!

   
I LOVE THESE TWO!!
Hermana Phipps, Rosie, Hermana Boman
Aleah


Our Investigator Rosie and one of our Favorite Members Lisa Rodriguez feed us!
Rosie promised to make us a cake once a week, 
so she can show God her Gratitude for her Gift of Baking! 
I LOVE HER GIFT!!


THIS WEEK HER CAKE WAS STRAWBERRY VANILLA!

I only have 13 minutes to write, but I have so much to tell you all about Rosie!!!!!!!

We had a lesson with her on Thursday. Hermana Boman and I had been praying and praying to know what day would be the right day for her Baptism. We got an answer! So, after watching the Restoration Video with Rosie, we invited her to be Baptized on the 27th of September. She said, "Yes!" And even asked what she could do to help her children get ready for when they can be Baptized one day!!! Of all the Baptism Invitations I have ever been part of extending, I have never heard anyone so sure. After the Lesson, she turned to us and asked us if she needs to plan the Baptism, or if we do that! Isn't she something so special? We reassured her that we would just keep on having daily contact with her and visiting her and all she needs to do is keep on exercising her FAITH! 

Well, she just amazes me so much each day! I don't have much time left, but I want to share some quotes she said during Church on Sunday.  Right after two Missionaries bore their Testimonies in our Branch she turned to us and said, "I just love this feeling. It feels so happy! It is like the Butterflies I got in my stomach when I met my Husband for the first time. I know that being here is right."

So, we took some coloring pages that we printed from the Friend magazine and she asked if she could take them home. She then said,"I am going to have Aleah color them and then we will hang them up in our new home so her friends can ask her about them and we can tell them about the Church!"

And then in Relief Society, she took notes on what small things we can do each day to feel closer to God! She is simply Amazing! I can't believe we have only known her for less than a month! I feel like she is a Friend From and For ETERNITY! I can't wait for these next few weeks!

I love this work. I love helping others find the absolute JOY of the Gospel! 
I am just in LOVE with my MISSION!  

Here are some more pictures from the Festival. 
Bad news... I am running out of Time on the Computer! 
Here are two little girls from our Branch who danced.


MOST ADORABLE 
THING EVER!

One of the BEST MOMENTS of the Night...


...When the BAND came in Alicia Chavez,
(one of my favorite members from the SouthWest)
just IGNITED with EXCITEMENT!!

So... Hermana Boman and I teach English Class every Tuesday and Thursday! I absolutely LOVE English Class! On Thursday, we learned words related to food and grocery shopping and at the end of the class, we gave them a test by giving them a Recipe for Pineapple Salsa and had them work as a team to make it! (The Recipe was the easiest thing ever, we found it in a 'Friend' magazine!) I had a random laughing attack as they were making the salsa just because it was such a HAPPY moment! Ha, ha. Thus is my life!

Love you ALL and talk to you soon!
Love, Hermana Phipps



No comments:

Post a Comment