Saturday, December 27, 2014

IT IS CHRISTMAS ALL AROUND!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

   [On December 8, 2014 Emma wrote the following. Christmas did sneak up rather quickly on her parents, here are her happenings for the month of December.]

   I feel like Christmas is sneaking up rather quickly, if that makes sense! We had the chance to watch the Christmas Devotional with our Stake and the whole meeting through I couldn't help but rejoice about how it is Christmas!!! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

   This week has been just so amazing! 

Three Reasons Why This Was the BEST Week I Could Ever Have Dreamed Of!!!

Numero Uno:
   Adonay is doing so so so so so so so so so well! He came back from a three week absence where he really saw God's hand in his life! He was pulled over for speeding and was taken to jail due to past speeding tickets that were not taken care of. But, he was able to come home on Wednesday. He had spent the whole time reading the Bible and he shared what he was learning with everyone he talked to in there.
   On Friday we had a lesson with him and Hermana Boman asked him an inspired question, "What are you going to do differently now in your life after this experience?" To which he immediately responded, "Be Baptized!" He walked up to President Condon on Sunday and told him that he will be getting baptized on the 31st of December. HAPPY DAY!! Adonay is really one of my most favorite people ever. I guess that makes sense since, well... because he belongs to the Lopez family. He is so excited and so determined! I can't wait until the 31st!!

Numero dos:
   On Friday, as part of the New Member Lessons, we taught Krystal about missionary work. Then we had her take us to go knock on all the houses of her friends in the neighborhood. We then told all the families of her friends about 'He is the Gift' and gave them cookies! It was so wonderful! Everyone was so excited to see Krystal! Krystal is such an amazing missionary tool!!! She would tell each of the families that she was thankful for them and then tell them that is why she came over with us! It was absolutely adorable!

Numero tres:
   Last Saturday we met a new family, and they are doing so well! All three of them came to English class on Thursday and absolutely LOVED it! Then they stayed to play volleyball after and had a blast. Then they came to church on Sunday! Right after, Leo came up to us, gave us huge handshakes and just kept on thanking us! It was Coralia's first time coming to our church. She was sick last week. But she was beaming the entire time. (This part I can hardly believe.....>) During Relief Society Coralia rose her hand and asked, "What does it take for me to get Baptized?" Everyone in the Relief Society basically cheered with excitement. Lisa, the member sitting right next to her turned and said, "Do you want to be baptized tomorrow?" Which actually panicked me, because we have only taught them once, and they need to come to church for at least three weeks and all the other testimony foundation building parts that lead up to baptism... So, I didn't want her to be all confused and think that baptism is just a whim kind of thing! But the member went on to say she was kidding and explained how to prepare to be ready. Such a great moment though! I am so excited to be serving this beautiful family!! 

Well, I cannot wait for the miracles that will be coming this next week! I wish I could just tell you all the beautiful miracles that happen everyday. I love this work! With all my heart!! Just how I love each of you with all my heart!


LAST P-DAY WE CELEBRATED CHRISTMAS
BY DOING CHRISTMASY THINGS!


FOUR HERMANAS ENJOYING 
CHRISTMAS HOT CHOCOLATE!!
(Taylor, Boman, Phipps & McDougal - we think!)


AT THE DAVENPORT ~
SPOKANE'S BEAUTIFUL FANCY HOTEL!


EMMA & HER COMPANION SISTER BOMAN
WHO COMES FROM LOGAN!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!


I HEARD THE MUSIC AND THOUGHT IT WAS A DOBRO!
Fun Story: So, on p-day, while walking downtown, I heard someone
playing a Dobro. (Is that how you spell it Dad?) Well, it reminded
me of Dad, so I decided that we needed to talk to him! He wasn't even
playing a real Dobro, it was just a guitar that he turned on its side and 
then he used a glass bottle as the slider! But we had a nice chat and he 
gave me chalk to write on the sidewalk... so I threw in an 
advertisement for the 'He is the Gift' video!! 

Love from, 
Hermana Emma Rose Phipps

[The next week on December 15, 2014 ... it was Transfer Day!!]

TRANSFER NEWS!!!!
I AM STAYING!!! The district Elders when they went to give me my call tried to joke and say that I was going to the Valley. Not Funny!! Not Funny at all!!! Heavenly Father knew I needed this time with those whom I LOVE SO MUCH!! 

But, Sister Boman is going to the South West Area! Just like I did. This couldn't be more perfect, because I can't have her too far away from me!! I just love her! And, Sister McDougal who has been serving in the Branch is coming up here! SHE IS AMAZING! Definitely a Powerhouse! Oh, I just can't wait for the miracles that are just right ahead! I LOVE MY MISSION!! & I LOVE YOU!!
Love, Hermana Phipps

No comments:

Post a Comment