Sunday, August 31, 2014

I AM ON TOP OF THE WORLD

HOLA!!!
Mi vida esta un pocito loco ahorita.
This week has been the craziest thing of my life. I have come back to my first area. Been in a trio with my trainer. I have my personality twin as my other companion. AMAZING LESSONS!! MIRACLES GALORE!!! And that is only the very beginning of it all!

I am quite convinced that I am the happiest, luckiest, most excited person in the world at this very instant. I repeat, this week has been the craziest thing of my life, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I don't even know how to explain everything, but coming to my first area has felt like coming home. I LOVED my last area, but coming back here was an answer to my prayers without me even knowing it. Wednesday was my first day to go back to the Lopez home. I was bursting with excitement THE WHOLE DAY! I wish you all could have seen me the two hours before going over. My excitement just wouldn't be contained at all. My companions just kept on laughing at me. Rightfully so. Going to the Lopez home for my companions has been a constant for their whole missions, but it had been months since I have been able to go over to teach! I was missing it so dearly! I - LOVE - THAT - FAMILY - SO - MUCH!!  I could stay in this area forever.

This area is on fire with possibilities and potential. I hardly know what to do with myself! It means it is time to GET TO WORK! I am ready to just give it all to the Lord and do anything He would have us do.

Let me try to explain this beautiful week justly to you...

Juan
So Juan is someone I knew from before. He used to speak in complete Spanglish! Seriously, every other word in each language. Hermana Quinn and I would try to speak Spanglish like him, but it was impossible! It could only happen naturally. But, about three weeks ago, he came to church and he has been progressing so well. This week we felt like we needed to help him meet some life goals he has. He wants to quit drinking so we taught him about using the Atonement to break free from habits. That lesson was so powerful! I can hardly explain it. He was just so excited to be coming closer to the Lord and he has so much hope. It was truly beautiful. 
GRACE...
is divine means of help or strength, given through the 
bounteous mercy and love of Jesus Christ.
It is through the grace of the Lord that individuals
receive strength and assistance to do good works that they 
otherwise would not be able to maintain if left to their own means.
This grace is an enabling power.
Thus the enabling power of the Atonement strengthens us to do
and be good and serve beyond our own individual desire 
and natural capacity.  ~ Elder David A. Bednar

"I can do ALL things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Philippians 4:13

Rosie
On Friday a phone call came in from a number not registered in the phone. A relative of the Lopez family was calling us and asking what time Church started. She said she would be bringing her family to Church on Sunday! She came and I am absolutely in love with them all. The mom Rosie even signed up to dance in the festival which is coming up next week. At the end of Relief Society Rosie turned to us and said, "How beautiful. I just loved this all!" I can't wait to talk with her more and get to know her family! She is already family to me because she is Lopez family!

La ninas
We get to teach 4 little girls that I used to teach six months ago. They are so enchanted by the Gospel. We go over and read the Book of Mormon with them and they are so cute! I can't wait to tell you more about them as time goes on.

Krystal
Working with Krystal might just be the greatest blessing of my life. Two weeks before I came back to the area she started referring to me as "Momma Phipps" when ever she talked to Sister Boman and Sister Quinn about me. It sounds so strange to me so I am trying to convince her to call me HerMAMA Phipps at least! Ha, ha... But she is a bit stubborn and I can't say no to her, so that just might be my new name for awhile.

Media Blitz
The Book of Mormon play opened up last week in the heart of Spokane. So as a mission, members followed sets of missionaries the entire day in order to take pictures and document what missionaries really do. IT was so much fun! So, there are loads of pictures of me on Facebook somewhere!

Craziest thing of all! Last night the President called Hermana Quinn and asked if she could move to a different area for the last few days of her mission! One of the Sisters there had to go home today and so to fill the void, they needed Hermana Quinn. Hermana Quinn is definitely the Hermana to call! She is AMAZING. I can't even believe just how much she has given her will to the Lord, always. She understands how to go where the Lord wants her to go. We packed up all the stuff she would need for the next 4 days and drove her to the area. We will be seeing her all the time this week still! Of which I am so thankful!!
I just love being a Missionary.
It has taught me that I can do the things I 'think' I can't.
This week is going to be AMAZING! 
Can't wait until next week so I can tell you all about it!
LOVE, Hermana Phipps

No comments:

Post a Comment