Tuesday, October 21, 2014

IT'S A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!

[Message from Mama Phipps who keeps up the blog. I had a full hip replacement three weeks ago and fell behind on Emma's Blog. So sorry! I will put three weeks in now. On Monday October 27th I go in for a knee replacement and may be out again for awhile. Please understand. I love all that is happening to Emma right now and will post it all as soon as I am able!]

On September 29, 2014 Emma wrote the following:
I have so much to say, so much to rejoice about, 
so much to share with you!
Where can I even begin?!?

   On Saturday, Rosie and Julio were baptized! {M I L A G R O}!! On the Friday before the baptism Rosie turned to us and said, "Remember how I asked you during our first visit how can I really know God has forgiven me of everything? I realized the answer! I will know tomorrow. I will feel all fresh and new tomorrow, after my baptism and I can know without a doubt that God has forgiven me, All Tomorrow." This is the question she had since the beginning and to hear the powerful answer she received is so touching! God is so good.
   I wish I could explain just how much it has meant to me to be here. I am beyond the point of everlasting gratitude to my Heavenly Father to know the Lopez family. They have impacted me for ETERNITY.
   My favorite quote can only sum it up:
"I am perfectly, completely and incandescently Happy!!

Here is how the Baptism went:
   Last Sunday Sister Condon turned to me and said, "Are you ready for whatever this week holds? Crazy things always happen right before Baptisms." Truthfully, after the crazy things that have happened around the other Baptisms during my mission, there is reason to be fearful. But all this week I couldn't help but have faith! Heavenly Father had perfectly placed everything in order the last five weeks and I had no doubt His hand was still here to uphold us during the crucial days leading up to the Baptism. Everything went without a glitch! Really! I couldn't imagine it going any smoother. I owe Heavenly Father ten million prayers of gratitude!
   On Saturday, we got to the Church a little early to set up the room and get everything in order. Julio and Rosie came and they were just beaming! They got all ready and the members started filing in. Just the attendance at the Baptism alone shows that Heavenly Father was in charge of it all. We have never had so many people attend a Baptism. All the seats in the room were filled and they had to bring in more chairs from the side to use!
   Members kept on coming up to Hermana Boman and me saying, "It's a family! And not just any family. These two are so amazing!"
   I have never seen the ward fall so in love with investigators. I don't blame them one bit! The Spirit was so strong during the Baptism. It just goes to show that Heavenly Father was so happy for these two! During the entire service Rosie was crying. I teared up and felt like crying too! During testimony meeting yesterday nearly every member commented on the Spirit they felt as Rosie and Julio got Baptized. I AM JUST SO HAPPY!!
   This story will help you picture just how strong the Spirit had to be. When we went to perform the musical number, I could barely hold the uke, I was shaking so much! We started to sing. Krystal's voice rang loud and clear. It was such a pinnacle moment to be singing with her again at a Baptism! It sums up all I have learned on my mission. But as we sang, my voice began to die! (I am suffering from a dreadful cold that started last Friday and is still going strong today.) Ha ha!... So in the midst of freaking out about my throat and dying voice during the last chorus, I just kinda stopped playing the Ukulele... and then right after that my throat completely gave out. Yep, but then I looked at Rosie, Julio, Aleah, and Julito. Tears filled Rosie's eyes and the family all had such perfect smiles on their face. It didn't matter what happened during the musical number, it didn't matter how much my voice was gone during the rest of the service, what mattered was the Spirit was there touching all of us!
   At the end of the day, I watched a recording of the musical number. At first I was scared to see how dreadful it was. But as I watched it, my eyes teared up again. Being with Krystal again is something I will never forget to be grateful for.
   Right after the Baptism, while Julio and Rosie changed, we watched "Because of Him" and then four members of the congregation gave a 30 second testimony of Jesus Christ one right after another. With each word the Spirit just kept on building. The last one to bare his testimony was Alonso Lopez (He is the son of Leticia Lopez). He is one of the people I look most up to here in Spokane. He gave such a powerful testimony about how Because of Christ, Families Can Be Together Forever. Coming from him and his life story, that means so much! Then to end Julio and Rosie gave their testimonies. I am calling for another request, that angels have recorded their words! I want to read them over and over again in Heaven.
   Right after the Baptism was Women's Conference and all the women stayed and watched together with the Stake. Hermana Boman and I got to sit next to Rosie during it! SHE LOVED IT!! 
   All in all, life is amazing. There is so much to be grateful for. On Saturday Sister Taylor introduced me to a song by Hilary Weeks called "It's a Good Day."  I love it because it reminds me of what Daddy always taught me, we choose our attitude and choose how happy each day can be.  Even though this week was rather easy to be happy about I know just by the things I have learned during my mission that I have an excuse to be happy forever!!! So, it is a good day today and for always!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Hermana Phipps

    
BAPTISM OF JULIO AND ROSIE!



No comments:

Post a Comment