Sunday, January 25, 2015

LES QUIERO HASTA LA LUNA Y DE VUELTA

MIS QUERIDOS,

   Here I am, at the same library I sent my first words to you from Washington!  Funny how the Lord can take us so far in drawing us closer to Him without us leaving one city! Though I have lived in the same city, traveling the same streets, so much has changed in my life. What a journey it has been!

I have made the best of friends.
Between all my amazing companions, the missionary minded members, and all of God's children He gave me time to spend with, I have made connections that will last for the eternities! I have come to completely and absolutely LOVE the people. 

I have made the best of memories.
I will never forget all the miracles I have seen! Every single day has been a miracle. From the best times to the times that really tested my strength I have been grateful for every single moment. I understand more than ever before the strength of the Savior in my life and the difference He is making in my life. The most amazing thing to me is seeing how God's hand has been working in my life and the lives of those around me. It is absolutely amazing how He just perfectly coordinates it all! There might be much opposition, but He is so much greater! I have watched Heavenly Father heal broken homes. He gives an eternal hope and promises that families are forever. I have had some of my most powerful moments in all kinds of places. I have taught on doorsteps, on corners, and in gas stations. I have visited families, in their homes, that I will love forever. All has been so beautiful and I can't wait to always be sharing it with you! 

The Lord has started to help me make the best of me.
The best part is that this journey has started. My mission is memorable beyond belief, but it isn't the end. It is just the beginning that Heavenly Father knew I needed! I can't explain just how perfect this mission has been for me! I am grateful for all the things the Lord has taught me. 

I love this Gospel with all my heart! I know His teachings are available to us so we can find happiness. I know that families are forever and are so important to Him.  

I cannot begin to explain just what my mission has meant to me. It has been my walk with Christ, but I am not going to end this journey upon leaving Spokane. I have started on a new path, a higher path, a path of true discipleship and I can't wait to continue walking with Him everyday of my life! To walk with Him and do His will is all that I want.   

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Love, Hermana Emma Rose Phipps

PICTURE TIME:


TEMPLE TIME WITH MY SISTERS



ONE LAST TEMPLE MOMENT
WITH MY PAST COMPANION
HERMANA BOMAN


HONORING THE TEMPLE & ANGEL MORONI


HERMANA "SAM" AND I
(Everyone calls her that because she looks like
Sam from a TV show called I-Carly)


LAST WEEK AT ENGLISH CLASS
I AM GOING TO MISS THIS!!!


EMMA FOUND A COLORFUL CATEPILLAR
SO BIG &
HIDING FROM THE SNOW!
EMMA WILL MISS ALL THE FUN TIMES IN SPOKANE!!!

BY THE WAY... I am going to read the Book of Mormon in 42 days!!
You should all do it with me! Deal?

[Emma's family is very excited to be doing things with her. Her mama has enjoyed keeping this blog up for her while she has been serving in the Spokane Washington Spanish Speaking Mission. As I type this, we (Emma's father and mother) are in Spokane. We will be hugging Emma in less than three hours and cannot wait to see her again. We have been invited to a Testimony Meeting for those leaving the Mission and a Dinner at the Mission Home. We feel honored to be here. We know it will be a new sacrifice for Emma as she sacrifices the Mission Field to return home to her family. All of us cannot wait to hear more of Emma's experiences!] 

Again...
Emma's Welcome Home will be on February 8, 2015
at 1 pm in the Brigham 23rd Ward Chapel
620 North 300 East Brigham City
You are welcome to enjoy a light luncheon with us at Emma's home:
357 E 765 North - Brigham from 11 am to 12:30 pm
YEAH EMMA!!


No comments:

Post a Comment