Friday, August 28, 2015

FAMILY


Tonight I went on an adventure by myself. I visited the temple-to-be in Provo's city center. For the last fifteen minutes I watched couple after couple make their way to the front of the temple to pause for a moment and admire its beauty. I hope that they understand that this beautiful edifice is for them, especially to receive the highest blessings Heavenly Father has for them. 

This morning I was reading in DC and "found" a scripture I hadn't recognized before. It reads, (DC 109:24) We ask thee, Holy Father, to establish the people that shall worship, and honorably hold a name and standing in this thy house, to all generations and for eternity;

As I watched the couples go by I recognized that Heavenly Father has answered this pioneer prayer for a temple loving people to be established. Now I pray that I will let the Lord establish me into one who will always be found "worship[ing] and honorably hold[ing] a name and standing in this [His] holy house."

No comments:

Post a Comment