Tuesday, July 16, 2013

In Just Two Weeks

In two weeks I will be on an airplane heading on my way to the Mexico MTC! This morning I woke up with so many mixed feelings. But above them all is the excitement to go serve the Lord.

I know I will miss my friends. I know I will long dearly for my family. But above all I know that this mission is the right thing for me right now. This knowledge gives me confidence to face any other emotion.

What I am having a difficult time facing right now is when people tell me they "don't want me to leave."
Now before I say anything else, I totally understand where they are coming from when they say that. And they are doing no wrong to say that. I just feel stuck though whenever I hear it. I am not sure how to respond. I am working through that now.

So everyone out there. I love you. I will miss you so much. But I don't want to miss out on the blessings that will be received as I go on a mission. I will be sure to keep in touch and know that when I get back we will be closer than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment