Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Amazing Seminary Class

I, Emma Rose, belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I love being a member 100 percent. In the LDS church many youth have an opportunity to go to seminary (depending on where you live). Seminary is a great part of my High School day! Ü I leave the High School for an hour to come closer to my Savior and learn out of the scriptures. This is background information to my story.

Last trimester I has the most wonderful opportunity to serve for a second time in the Reverse Mainstream Seminary Class. Each student who needs some special attention is paired with a seminary buddy. And let me tell you what, best friends are created and quickly. That trimester of seminary was the greatest life changing time. I loved that class unlike I had loved another class before.

My mom also served in the Reverse Mainstream Seminary. Yes, that means I have the super of all super moms. She is a super mom, a seminary teacher, and a missionary! Well, at least for her two and a half year mission. She was released last December. Having my mom doing such a mighty work changed my life. Not only was she there at the high school for most of my three years of attendance but the strength her serving brought to me is indispensable.

I was heartbroken when the trimester ended. I couldn't not imagine not being in that class and feeling its immense spirit. It was like no other. On the last day of the tri most of us cried. Going to my new class the next trimester was extremely difficult at first. I missed all my bestest of best friends and the closeness we had. But as time went on I got adjusted to my new class (which is an amazing class to!).

I still am best friends with all my favorite class's class members. I love being able to say hello, catch up with them and always have them as friends. Everything was going well or so I thought. Then tonight I went to help my mom do some service in the classroom. An institute class (like seminary for adults) had just be released. It is also a class geared towards those facing unique lives. As I walked to the classroom passing many of the students I became instantly introduced and friends with many of those there. I walked in that room and the spirit that I can remember being in my seminary class so present, I could not deny it. It was amazing. I started to long once again for my former class. My heart twinged as I looked at all my favorite parts of the class. The tree that at the beginning of the year I helped to build now stood full of testimonies. It was astounding. I was quickly attracted to it. I quickly could decipher who wrote each "sweet fruit" on our tree of life tree. I found mine, I found my best friends from last tri, and was able to recognize the strong testimonies of the new students from the new tri.

The testimonies, spirit, and memories touched me deeply. I loved and will always love everyone and everything about that class. I took many pictures so have a look see into a part of my past that will always shape me and my future. Many have praised me on my "patients" for serving in the class. Many times I heard it take a special person who is talented to serve in that class and they could never do it. Every part of me wants me to make sure that that person knows that isn't how it is. The students in there are so amazing that you can't leave without being a better person. It's not me who is the strength of the class, it's those who "I served" when in truth they served me. I have been strengthen and uplifted by my amazing seminary class.
-Emma Rose

Explanation to pictures (not necessarily in order): picture of my class; picture of class drawing on board; full tree of life covered in "sweet fruit" testimonies; my super missionary; seminary teacher, mom; my seminary friend Brandon and I; me and another of my seminary buddies Kaitlyn outside of class; BYU on a "sweet fruit" an obvious give away to a work of Stephen's; and any other picture I may have thrown in.

Their testimonies are so strong and pure. Their knowledge of truth profound. The way they change me is unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment