Monday, November 4, 2013

More Festival Pictures & Emma Ate WHAT?!?

The FESTIVAL was wonderful 
and we keep enjoying the rewards 
from working diligently to make it happen!


EMMA AND THE COUNTRY FLAGS!


BEAUTIFUL LATIN AMERICAN DANCING!


MORE DANCING -- AND EMMA DID NOT HAVE TO DANCE!!


This RED & WHITE flag has a Llama on it!  It is the PERU flag!  
I love Peru because they love Llamas!!

I ate "SHRIMP" -- No Big Deal!
   I ate Shrimp! Make sure Lisa hears about this!  She has been waiting for the day.  We were fed by this wonderful member family in the branch.  Sister McLauchlin is from Peru and she made us a homemade Peruvian Soup with big pieces of Shrimp!  Not only that, she left the outside shell thingy on it!  With the legs and all!  But I saw how much work she put into it and I knew it must be wonderful.  So I prayed that I could eat it.  Only problem, I am so clumsy at eating it!  I have never shelled any food before except for peanuts! Brother McLauchlin ended up laughing at me as I splattered soup everywhere for the ten millionth time. 
   Well, it has happened.  I have eaten my first seafood meal!  Only the gospel, loving members, and beautiful looking Peruvian soup could have persuaded me to do so.  I really am thankful for Sister McLauchlin and her loving meal she served us!! 
   Also, I NOW LOVE PERU!! Sis. McLauchlin told me all about the Llamas there!  I WANT TO GO SEE LLAMAS IN PERU!!  I love Llamas.  Peru has a beautiful culture.   

No comments:

Post a Comment